Once you identified bed bugs in your home, it is time to declare war on them. To win this war, you will have to take the right steps in order to defeat your enemy. Putting bed bug infestations to an end is not an easy task. You will need to have a lot of patience and determination to get rid of them once and for all.
1. Try to determine why bed bugs live in your house. You or a family member might have brought them after a night in a hotel or some other place. Avoiding spending nights in other places is one of the solutions to your problem. If you already have bed bugs, you will need to exterminate them.
2. If you want to get rid of bed bugs, you will have to act quickly. The longer you wait, the more time you give bed bugs to spread. If you suspect that bed bugs live in your house, make it a top priority to deal with them.
3. Start by checking all places where bed bugs can hide. They will hide anywhere where it is dark. Try searching under your carpet, in cracks and crevices, in your mattresses, etc.
4. Consider spraying your room thoroughly. Use the most effective bed bugs sprays you can find on the market. Keep spraying until the area is safe and clean. It is important to get rid of bugs once and for all. Even if a few of them are left, you risk dealing with bug infestation from the beginning.
5. Consider repairing any cracks or crevices in your bedroom. Bed bugs love to hide in them.
6. Consider moving out from your bedroom until the problem is resolved. Consider sleeping in another room. Do not bring anything from your infested bedroom with you to a new room. Put your belongings from the infested bedroom in a tight container so that they will not help spread out the infestation. Alternatively, you should consider cleaning everything from the infested room. Consider laundering your clothes, curtains, carpets, and anything else that might be infested. Bed bugs can also live in televisions or electronics, so make sure to clean them too.
7. Vacuum the whole house, not only your bedroom. Vacuuming is a great way to get rid of bed bugs if you do it properly. You can avoid using any chemicals if you vacuum your house thoroughly.
8. Consider steam cleaning. Steam cleaning can help you get rid of bugs and their eggs.
9. Call an exterminator if you cannot handle the problem yourself. Calling an exterminator should be the first thing to do if the infestation in your bedroom is too difficult for you to handle. An exterminator will also be necessary if you waited too long to solve the problem. An exterminator will use powerful chemicals that should help you fight bug infestations. You will need to be ready for his visit, so make sure to remove everything from your bedroom before an exterminator comes.
10. Always treat bed bugs bites. Even though they are not dangerous to your health, applying soothing cream on your skin can help you relieve an unpleasant feeling of itching.